Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wii U Gaming Systems for Tweens, Teens and Families

Normally, I wouldn't be too excited about a new video game system for our household.  However, my tween boys have me a bit interested in the new Wii U gaming system for tweens or family use.  The regular Wii has been a lot of fun, and occasionally we will move the kids off so that we can have a bowling night.  The ability to use Netflix has been really nice until recently.  Lately, the availability of Netflix features that we haven't watched umpteen times has made me seriously consider suspending the account.  The gaming system is fun, but I've wished for a while that it had the availability of Amazon Video on Demand.

The good news is that the Wii U video console is rumored to include Amazon VOD, making it an outstanding alternative to the current version if you are looking for a way to stream movies and television content to your big screen.  The continuing expansion of Amazon's content to new devices and venues makes it attractive, and this may be the final nail in the coffin of my Netflix account.

If you are trying to decide on a system that will stream Amazon Instant Video, I think that this may prove to be a worthwhile choice.  Release of Wii U is rumored in early November, just in time for the holidays.  You can check the latest Amazon Video Game Console details here.